Thursday, July 15, 2010

Find out when your AdWords ads convert to maximize budget and ROI

Many advertisers have observed that their ads convert differently during the day. In fact, hourly conversion rates can vary as much as 50% from the overall average. To maximize your budget you should first find out when visitors are more likely to covert. To do so, log-in to your analytics account, go to Traffic Sources, click on the AdWords tab, and select Day Parts. There, you can see goal completions by hour of day.




If you notice that most of your conversions happen during certain times of the day, say during standard business hours, you may want to run your campaigns during business hours only. This can be set-up automatically within your AdWords campaigns by enabling Ad Scheduling. Be aware that restricting your ads to certain hours only will results in decreased impressions and clicks. However, this may still be a viable option for you, especially if you have a limited budget.  Understanding when your ads convert and acting on that information can help you maximize advertising dollars and improve ROI. You'll avoid spending money on clicks that are less likely to convert and focus your efforts on what's working for your website.

41 comments:

  1. Great site. A lot of useful information here. I’m sending it to some friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish more people would write blogs like this that are really fun to read. With all the fluff floating around on the net, it is rare to read a blog like this instead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty impressive post. I just came across your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be coming back and I hope you post again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very good publish. I retweeted it for ya! It definitely needs a lot more publicity!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really great blog. Thx to the auther

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will i website link up to this, by my own website? I'm likely to get as many causes of data as i am able.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to find out you back again. And again through an interesting post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice to find out you back again. And again with the interesting article.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice to find out you back again. And again by having an interesting article.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I accept you plus it certainly gonna guide many people.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent web site, keep myself through looking it, I\\\'m really interested to learn another recommendation of it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I appreciate you for the recommendation! Let me try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Book marked your blog. Appreciation for giving. Surely well worth the time from my tests.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great to find out you back. And again by having an interesting post.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It\\\'s nice here. great study. I\\\'ve been looked this information for some time. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really good blogs, keep me from checking it, I\\\'m truly serious to know another recommendation of it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I agree with you and it definitely going to guide lots of people.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice to view you back again. And again having an interesting posting.

    ReplyDelete
  19. It is wonderful here. nice study. I\\\'ve been looked this information for quite a while. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good to find out you back again. And again with the interesting posting.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Its nice here. great study. I have been searched the advice for quite a while. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  22. I accept you also it surely going to help many people.

    ReplyDelete
  23. It truly is wonderful here. great research. I have been searched this kind of info for some time. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  24. Book marked your site. Are grateful for discussing. Definitely value the time away from my tests.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Good to see you back again. And again with the interesting article.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I agree with you plus it surely going to guide lots of people.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fantastic blog, keep myself from searching it, I am seriously serious to find out much more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Amazing blog page, keep me through checking it, I am truly serious to understand another recommendation of it.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Bookmarked your internet site. We appreciate you sharing. Surely valued at time far from our studies.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thank you so much for giving everyone an extraordinarily terrific chance to read in detail from this web site. It's usually so nice and stuffed with a lot of fun for me personally and my office peers to search your blog at the least 3 times in a week to study the latest things you have got. And indeed, I'm also actually motivated with all the extraordinary inspiring ideas you give. Some two tips in this posting are basically the most suitable I have ever had.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I’d come to give green light with you on this. Which is not something I typically do! I enjoy reading a post that will make people think. Also, thanks for allowing me to comment!

    ReplyDelete
  32. You need to participate in a contest for one of the best blogs on the web. I'll suggest this web site!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hey, finally! this is exactly what I was looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  34. This domain appears to recieve a good ammount of visitors. How do you advertise it? It offers a nice unique twist on things. I guess having something authentic or substantial to talk about is the most important factor.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I can see that you just are putting a tons of efforts into your weblog. Keep posting the great perform.Some really helpful details in there. Bookmarked. Wonderful to see your website. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Admiring the time and energy you put into your site and in depth information you present. It's good to come across a blog every once in a while that isn't the same outdated rehashed material. Fantastic read! I've saved your site and I'm including your RSS feeds to my Google account.

    ReplyDelete
  37. This seems a very active site. How on earth do you keep up with approving all the comments?

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hi there! I just want to give a huge thumbs up for the great data you've got here on this post. I can be coming back to your blog for extra soon.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hi, I saw your blog post interesting so Ive included a Trackback to it on my blog

    ReplyDelete